Our main goal at Scotia Dental is to get you out of pain. If you have a dental emergency like a lost a tooth, tooth ache, or lost filling, our dentists will make every to see you promptly. We offer walk-in appointments!
In terms of dental emergencies, we've seen it all! If you experience any of the following, make sure you give us a call right away.
- Toothache - At Scotia Dental, we hate to hear that our patients are in pain. The first step is to give us a call. To ease your pain, you can take an over-the-counter pain remedy that can make you more comfortable. You can also try holding an ice pack against your face where you are experiencing pain.
- Chipped or broken tooth - Broken or chipped teeth can almost always be saved. There are lots of dental procedures that can help you restore your teeth to their natural look and function.
- Knocked out tooth - If you lose a permanent or adult tooth, you need to call us right away. If the tooth is put back in place within 10 minutes, it has a fair chance of taking root again.
- Badly bitten lip or tongue - If there is bleeding, press down on the part of the mouth that is bleeding. If the bleeding does not stop, go to Emergency at a hospital right away.
- Something stuck between teeth - First, try using dental floss, very gently and carefully. If you can't remove the object, we will be able to remove it for you.
- Lost filling - See a dentist as soon as possible. A filling left unfilled, can potentially lead to infection.